Best Ways to Exercise at Home
If you don’t like to go to the gym, want to save money or don’t have much time to go out, then exercising at home is an easy and best choice. The following series takes you through a variety of choices for exercising at home, whether you have nothing but your own body and a pair of shoes or a workout room tricked out with every piece of equipment imaginable.
Body Weight Exercises – No Equipment Needed
The simplest way to work out at home is you just need to wake up early. There are many exercises that can help you build strength, endurance and burn calories. The downside is that, without added resistance, it’s tough to work hard enough to really challenge your body and burn calories. By going from one exercise to the next, take rest for 5-10 seconds, it will keep your heart rate normal, burn more calories and get the most out of your exercise time.
- Choose your workout
- Choose 10 different exercises
- Choose the length of each exercise (Beginners might start with 10-30 seconds or 8-16 reps, while intermediate or advanced exercisers might go for 60-90 seconds or 20 or more reps)
- Get Ready (Set up a timer or use a stopwatch, turn on some music or your favorite TV show and start with an easy exercise to warm up)
- The Workout (Do 1 circuit if you’re a beginner or short on time. Do 2-5 circuits for a more intense workout)
Sample Strength Circuit Training (No equipment)
- 1 min: March in place to warm up
- Squats – 20 reps
- Front and Rear Lunges – 12 reps on each leg
- Push-ups (on the knees or toes) – 12-20 reps
- Dips with Leg Extension- 12-20 reps
- Walking Lunge with Arms Overhead – 12-20 reps
- Bent Over Leg Lifts
- Bridge with Leg Drop
- Back Extensions
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!