Indian gooseberry, commonly known as Amla. It is a kind of herbal fruit; it can treat your taste buds amazingly. It is an uncommon balance of sweet, sour, pungent and bitter flavors. Amla (gooseberry) is a very rich source of Vitamin C, iron and calcium, is a health treasure which can treat several health issues. The best ways to have amla is in the powdered form. Many people use amla pickle and dried amla pieces for digestion. Here, you will get some best benefits of amla for any purposes.
A study found that Amla (Indian Gooseberries) had the highest content of antioxidants compared to other fruits and vegetable. Amla powder has the most powerful Antioxidants.
1. It Prevents from Cold
The vitamin C in amla is absorbed more easily by the body compared to store-bought supplements.
- Mix two teaspoons of amla powder and two teaspoons of honey.
- Have it two times in a day for instant relief when you have a cold or a cough.
- Consume once in a day for permanent protection.
2. It Helps to Remove Dandruff
Amla is a proven beneficial for hair. It stops dandruff, makes strong hair follicles. It slows down greying hair and increases blood circulation to the scalp which improving hair growth. Amla also gives you shiny and smooth hair because it works as a natural conditioner. You can mix amla powder in Henna and could apply amla oil.
3. Beneficial in Low Cholesterol
Amla can reduce high cholesterol level in middle age person. Just two weeks after, you can find the cholesterol levels low. The vitamin C in amla helps in lowering the blood pressure. A study reveals the various benefits of amla which are very useful for the human body.
4. Beneficial for Eye Health
Regular use of Indian gooseberry helps improve vision health. As we know amla contains vitamin C, prevents bacteria and guards the eye against conjunctivitis and other eye infections. It provides relief to the eyes when they are stressed and makes the eye muscles stronger.
5. Beneficial for Anti-aging
Amla is prestigious herbs which contains Vitamin C in the plant kingdom containing as much as 20 times that of an orange. It slows down aging, as well as offer, remove from various diseases and promotes longevity. It improves body resistance and protects the body against infection.
6. Beneficial for Weight Loss
Amla is very good for the liver which helps to reduce the cause of obesity. By including amla in your diet you can receive amazing benefits as it improves Immune system, metabolism and helps in faster digestion.
- Daily consumption of amla juice can help to reduce weight.
- More useful to have an empty stomach.
7. Beneficial in Constipation
As we know amla is very good for the liver so it helps to digest the food easily. Amla powder is high in fiber and helps in regulating bowel movement.
- Every day one tsp of amla powder mix with lukewarm water.
- It gives more benefit in morning empty stomach.
- It can resolve the constipation problems.
Different Intake for different age group
- Infants (age below 1 year): 30 to 35 mg (as per doctor prescription)
- Children (age 1 to 14 years): 40 to 50 mg
- Adolescent (age 15 to 18 years): 65 to 75 mg
- Men (age over 18 years): 90 mg
- Women (age over 18 years): 75 mg