Shikakai is a natural conditioner. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals. It promotes hair growth and keeps your skin smooth and glowing. Usually, it doesn’t leave the hair dry but the effect may vary from person to person depending upon the hair quality. Here are more benefits of Shikakai:
1. Benefits of Shikakai for Hair
- Shikakai helps retain natural oil in the hair in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
- It helps strengthen hair roots. You won’t need a hair conditioner if you are using this Shikakai powder to wash your hair.
- It acts as a detangler. Most conditioners eventually leave for hair loss as it contains several natural herbs that exhibit antimicrobial properties.
- It helps to get rid of lice.
- It is used to remove dandruff an infusion of Shikakai leaves has been used in and he dint of preparations for centuries it not only eliminates dandruff but prevents it too.
- It is packed with vitamins A, C, D, and K that are essential for hair health.
- It contains antioxidants – all these nutrients help prevent diseases and promote the rapid growth of hair psychic.
- Its bark is packed with saponin which acts as foaming and cleansing agents although it acts as a soap or
the shampoo is mild and natural and so does not cause serious side effects.
- Regular use of Shikakai can help delay the appearance of gray hair.
- It protects the scalp from fungal infections.
- If you start using Shikakai you will notice increased silkiness and bounciness of hair within a couple of months.
- Those who color their hair will find that cleaner and healthier hair can give better color results as it prevents hair loss and strengthens hair roots.
- It provides volume to your hair within a few months.
2. Benefits of Shikakai for Skin
- You may use the Shikakai as a body soap or face cleanser.
- It acts as a natural scrubber and deeply cleanses the skin. Its antimicrobial properties help protect the skin from fungal infections.
- It doesn’t remove natural oils from your skin. It doesn’t leave it dry rather it keeps the skin moisturized.
- It also helps maintain the optimum pH level of your scalp.
3. Heals Wounds
When Shikakai paste mixed with turmeric paste is applied to cuts and bruises, it gets cured.
4. It is cheaper and better
Shikakai is a much cheaper and more natural alternative to chemical-laden shampoos.